People who develop vitiligo usually first notice white patches (depigmentation) on their skin. These patches are more common symptoms of vitiligo, like on sun-exposed areas, including the hands, feet, arms, face, and lips. Other common areas for white patches to appear are the armpits and groin and around the mouth, eyes, nostrils, navel, and genitals.
Vitiligo generally appears in one of three patterns. In one pattern (focal pattern), the depigmentation is limited to one or only a few areas. Some people develop de pigmented patches on only one side of their bodies (segmental pattern) these are well known symptoms of vitiligo. But for most people who have vitiligo, depigmentation occurs on different parts of the body (generalized pattern). In addition to white patches on the skin, people with vitiligo may have premature graying of the scalp hair, eyelashes, eyebrows, and beard. People with dark skin may notice a loss of color inside their mouths these are also common symptoms of vitiligo.
symptoms of vitiligo
The following are some common symptoms of vitiligo, which may appears on a person skin when he suffered by it.
symptoms of vitiligo
- The most obvious symptoms of vitiligo are loss of pigment on the flat skin, resulting in creating milky-white, irregularly shaped patches on it.
- Other symptoms of vitiligo, The skin cells do not produce enough melanin. For some people this can happen quickly, while for others the patches may stay the same for months or years.
- The first white patch usually develops where the skin has been exposed to the sun. Vitiligo is not caused by an infection.
- symptoms of vitiligo, About 12% vitiligo patients, experience intense itching at the site of area that exposed to sunlight, but normally it does not cause itching or any physical discomfort to the skin.
- If the white patches appear symmetrically on more than one part of body, then such symptoms of vitiligo may progress quite slowly, but if you have white patches on only one area of your body, then this condition may progress more rapidly.
- Less common symptoms of vitiligo include loss of hair’s colour pigment or graying of hair on scalp, eyebrows, eyelashes or other affected areas.
- The loss of pigment may also experience on the tissues that line inside the mouth (mucous membranes) and the retina of the eye in vitiligo patients.
- The white spots are usually more common symptoms of vitiligo over bony areas.
- Sometime, These white spots or patches produce a mirror image effect by occurring in the same areas on both sides of the body.
More about Symptoms of vitiligo
Topics Related to Symptoms of vitiligo